Why can't I stop ranting...

Rep. Duncan Hunter of California says, "Right now, in Iraq, we are changing the world. ... We're changing a very strategic part of the world in such a way that it will not be a threat to the United States and, in fact, will be an ally in the global war against terror." Now correct me if I'm wrong, but the country we are "changing" doesn't belong to us. There has not been any proof that the war in Iraq has been justified and to go in and change a country that doesn't belong to you sounds a bit Manifest Destiny to me. Who are these "lawmakers" trying to convince that we did the right thing in Iraq? I'm just tired of the bullshit. Maybe if the Bush administration had just come clean and said "Hey, I need to go to Iraq to kick Saddam's ass", I don't think that half of America would have opposed that war. Shit, sometimes you just need to kick that muthafucka's ass. Why is it such a noble cause to have the youth of America, many who were mislead into "get money for college", shipped overseas to be blown up by savages. And when I say "savages", I in no way, shape or form am referring to those of the Islamic faith. I mean the people who follow the perversion of it and all fundamentalist who believe them to be the mouth of the Great Silent One. These kids are fighting fanatics in a way the asshole lawmakers can't even imagine. Except maybe those that saw some kind of action in 'Nam. This world does not belong to America and the reason everyone else in the world hates America is because of that. Don't come onto my soil, claiming you know what's best for me. We as Americans know how we would act if we were occupied. Shit we don't even want our neighbors on our lawn. And as American's I don't understand how we can let these fuckers use these scare tactics to keep us afraid of other countries and cultures. To convince us that our way of life is the only one to live. It's that same as the terrorist claiming jihad against the infidels, condemning all those who do not walk the extreme Muslim life. But nowhere near as worse because they only use force to push their ideals. We have been subtlety brainwashed to believe in our pampered, spoiled lifestyles, that our government is watching our backs and keeping us safe. If so then why are they fabricating stories about a big bad dictator who's coming to get us?

No comments: