Rant

Is it a bad thing at work that instead of actual calendars, they hand out to everyone 12 photocopied pages of a calendar? It's really too bad that there is no way to convince me that my job is not going to end up in India at some point. There are already collection offices there. I remember getting a call; when I still took customer calls; from someone who was upset because they couldn't understand the person who called about their past due payment. They told the customer where they were calling from and that upset them. Me too. I know how business works and all but I mean come on. I was watching Best of the Best (don't laugh, I like that movie) and there were scenes of cars being built in Detroit. Good ole' motorcity. I heard a rumor not too long go that GM was moving production to China because it was cheaper than building cars in Mexico. For fuck's sake man. What about our crumbling economy. What about American jobs. The trade gap is bigger than it's been in how long and these big companies still want to outsource more jobs. Instead of following the hot spots of development that equal quick gains, how about building a strong stable economy at home. If they spent more time building quality items then maybe people overseas would want to trade again. As is, nobody wants the crap we actually do produce. And neither do Americans. Granted I do drive a Mitsubishi but damnit, it's fast. I can't help that.

No comments: