I'd like to thank God for all my ills

Why is it that when I was flipping the channels last night I came across T.I. winning an award on the Vibe awards. Why is it that he was able to win anything? But judging from the others in the category I'm not all that surprised. But of course he begins with "I'd like to thank God". When did it become appropriate "? But it's got a good beat, right? I just do not understand the direction rap has taken and why they feel like they need to brag about destroying other people. "I'd like to thank God for destroying the community with the drugs I used to sell and for that time I robbed a mother of her child because that muthafucka was talkn' shit at the club. Then there was those bitches I degraded by skeeting on their faces and then dumping out of my Escalade, stupid bitches." It sounds more like something you would tell a priest because you are seeking forgiveness. Of course the majority of them really don't need confession because they fake jacks and all, but still. What happened to making good music that wasn't about fucking each other up. Why is it so hard to make something that is genuinely happy? "Because life in the ghetto isn't happy." Give it a fucking rest. Life is shit and we are all covered in it. But it's the times when we forget that are the moments when we really live. And those times don't cost any money and not limited to any one group of people. To The Windows, To The Wall! And if you really live your life then I think that is something God will thank you for.

No comments: