No news yet

I submitted the photo of my sake flask to Juxtapose the other day under the reader art section. It's the one from the December 5th post. I haven't heard or seen anything yet but I'm not giving up. I'm trying to be nice to the art world and not hit them over the head, but maybe that's what it will take. Something like this:
Is that too morbid? I just hope it's different that the cookie cutter art that is being churned out at all these fancy art schools. But maybe it's too dark and uncomfortable for the masses. In the way that Goya's "Saturn Devouring His Children",1819-1823, was for the 19th century. I hope so. Maybe that's morbid of me but hey, I did make this after all. I just don't want to be too dark because that stigma tends to stick and if I ever feel like making more of my bullshit, silly-ass pictures, everyone will say that I sold out. Maybe then it's good that I"m not an artist and those that call themselves artist choose to ignore me.

2 comments:

Katiez Furry Mewz said...

Fraid I'm having trouble seeing the picture... what is it??

Thanks for stopping by and having a laugh about the eccentricity of Wichita.

Katie.

Zoe said...

Henry

Thank you so much for reading my story, “For my Love”
of which is now untitled, again.
You are my first critic. Well, actually my first reader too. Your words of encouragement made me write another small part of the story today. Thanks.
I don’t let anyone read my stuff. To shy.
Truth is stranger than fiction they say. I write what I know but change and adlib some of the details.
All names have been changed to protect the guilty!!!!!
Nothing on your blog is offensive! Can’t say that for mine or future posts.
Not exactly sure.. I see a face in the picture.
Flask or Face??
That is the question.