For Tomorrow

My older sister, Emily, returned today to her home in Chicago. Since it was the first chance she has had to visit since before Christmas when she arrived she came with gifts in tow. She works in the largest Borders bookstore in the states and due to this feature, she is able to come into, if only minor, contact with celebrities who enter this store. This would be the second year I have received a comic book as a Christmas present. The special thing about these comics are that last year Jim Lee came into the store with Jeph Loeb. I have a copy of the Batman story "Hush" parts one and two, signed by Jim Lee with a doodle of Batman in one and of the Joker in the other. How awesome is that. Well, like I said, she returned this year with gifts in tow. And in this installment was a hardbound copy of "For Tomorrow" volume one signed once again by Jim Lee. Fucking sweet. He had signed these while in the store so they weren't made out to me or anything but I'm sure you'll agree that it's still fucking sweet. It also included a doodle of the Man of Steel himself. As Homer would say "Jealous? You're jealous. " Fucking sweet.

No comments: