Death Of A Death Salesman

I can't believe the attention we are getting from Dr Tillers murder. But, then again, I guess I can considering he was one of a few who performed those types of abortions. Sarah was really pissed about it, but I have to admit, despite my heartfelt condolences for his family, I'm rather indifferent. I'm upset about when and where he was murdered but I'm not surprised it happened. It was bound to. With an issue like abortion, there are God fanatics that think they wield the sword of the Lord and that it is theirs to use at their discretion. I don't know if his murderer is one of these people, but there tend to be more than few in these parts. Like the dickhead so-called-reverend Phelps. Him and his whole psycho-fanatic brood are a prime example of the bible beating white supremacist sibling fucking go back to Africa nigger the Jews killed Jesus Mexicans are taking all our jobs damn Chinks can't drive for shit hicks that inhabit Kansas. And Dr Tiller should have know that practicing his profession in a place like this painted a big red target on his ass. I'm not saying it was his fault and that his murder was inevitable or justifiable. It's a shame that he could not practice without the fear of reprisal, but I'm sure he had to have known the risk. I'm just saying, you wouldn't walk through Crip territory with a red flag in your right pocket. But either way, regardless of what you believe, his sins are between him and God now. I was reading The Crow by James O'Barr the other day. And he summed up how I feel about his murder, the murders he committed and this whole abortion debate nonsense. "There is more than one way to purify the soul... There is absolution and redemption, salvation and a means to an end. And if some of these axioms are of opposing polarities there is, at least, some consolation in the fact that they have a common ground." Amen.

P.S.
I just commented on this blog I found while surfing Dr Tiller's death.

No comments: